‘Jurassic World’ sequel slated for 2018

24 Jul 2015 | Author: | No comments yet »

Here’s When Chris Pratt Will Return to Movie Screens for Jurassic World 2.

On Wednesday, “Jurassic World” became the No. 3 top-grossing film of all-time, surpassing “The Avengers” with a monster $1.52 billion in ticket sales.

On July 15th, a Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA) complaint was sent from Universal Pictures France to Google regarding the new “Jurassic World” film. And after the sequel’s record-breaking box-office debut—not to mention its $1.5 billion worldwide gross—Universal is officially cementing plans for the first of those lucrative follow-ups.

A DMCA complaint is a request owners of material can submit in order to copyright infringing material removed from websites—in this case, removed from appearing in search results. The studio also confirms that stars Chris Pratt and Bryce Dallas Howard are on board for the project, as well as Jurassic World co-writers Colin Trevorrow and Derek Connolly.

No word yet on who will direct the 2018 edition, but Trevorrow, who directed last month’s box-office monolith, has already set the groundwork for a different filmmaker taking over the franchise’s helm. “Jurassic Park is like Star Wars,” Trevorrow said last month. “Different directors can give a different taste to each movie.” Although he said he would not direct another Jurassic movie, he did say he would agree to be involved in other capacities. Good news for Howard, though—after much Internet haranguing for her character’s impractical high heels, the 2018 release date gives Universal ample time to find her more sensible dinosaur-outrunning footwear.

Here you can write a commentary on the recording "‘Jurassic World’ sequel slated for 2018".

* Required fields
Twitter-news
Our partners
Follow us
Contact us
Our contacts

About this site