Jailed producer Suge Knight may have brain tumour | News Entertainment

Jailed producer Suge Knight may have brain tumour

18 Jul 2015 | Author: | No comments yet »

Judge Denies Bail Reduction For Suge Knight.

Judge Ronald Coen said while it does appear someone on the scene of Knight’s fatal fight took something from at least one of two injured men and placed the mysterious item in his waistband, the man did not then flee the scene. “I could not tell if the object was a gun, but it would appear if I had a gun in my back pocket, I certainly wouldn’t be bending over in view of deputy sheriffs,” Judge Coen said in court Friday.A judge denied a request by Marion “Suge” Knight’s attorney Friday to reduce the former rap mogul’s bail from $10 million and to allow him to receive private medical care.

Marion ‘Suge’ Knight appears in court with his Lawyer Matthew P Fletcher for a preliminary hearing in a robbery charge case at Criminal Courts Building on April 8, 2015 in Los Angeles, California. Knight, 50, has pleaded not guilty to murder, attempted murder and hit and run in connection with the Jan. 29 incident outside Tam’s Burgers in Compton, Calif. Knight, 49, has been in custody since January, when he allegedly got into a confrontation with Cle “Bone” Sloan and ran over him and Terry Carter with his truck. The co-founder of Death Row Records has claimed through lawyers that he was the victim of an armed ambush and accidentally hit and killed local businessman Terry Carter, 55, as he fled the parking lot in fear for his life. Grainy surveillance footage from the burger stand was played in court in April, and Knight’s attorneys submitted a longer version of the video this week.

Knight’s camp has said the other alleged victim, former gang member Cle (Bone) Sloan, threatened to shoot him and is the one who started the fistfight through Knight’s truck window. Prosecutors claim Knight intentionally mowed down Sloan in a fit of revenge after fighting with him at a nearby production office for the upcoming NWA biopic “Straight Outta Compton.” “It’s overwhelming, but I’ve always been satisfied with the judge. Mesereau Jr., argued that an unedited video of the violent incident shows that his client acted in self-defense and that he shouldn’t have been criminally charged.

Mesereau also disputed the assertion by prosecutors that Knight was a member of a gang and listed a host of reasons Knight was a credit to his community, including funding youth football teams and an annual banquet for single-mothers. His new lawyer Thomas Mesereau – best known for successfully defending the King of Pop in his blockbuster 2005 child molestation trial – argued that Knight deserved lower bail because he was an upstanding member of the community and not a flight risk.

Cynthia Barnes called the argument “disingenuous and disturbing” and argued that there was no change in circumstances to warrant a change of bail. Coen denied the motion, saying that the video unveiled nothing new about the incident and noted that he had already reduced the bail from $25 million to $10 million. The boyfriend of Bobbi Kristina Brown, Nick Gordon, was officially served with a $10 million lawsuit accusing him of beating Brown and stealing from her after her dire medical crisis.

Gordon was leaving a Starbucks in Longwood, Fla., north of Orlando, clutching a large whip cream-topped Frappuccino, on Sunday when a process server appeared and shoved a manila envelope in his hands. Filed in Fulton County, Ga., on June 24, the civil complaint claimed Gordon caused “substantial” harm to Whitney Houston’s 22-year-old daughter, including an incident when he punched her in the face, “knocking out a front tooth and (dragged) her upstairs by her hair.” It also claimed Gordon kept an iron grip on Brown’s finances and personal life, making a habit of answering her cell phone and not allowing her to make appointments without his approval. —Knight and a woman in Las Vegas are involved in laundering more than $10 million since 2002 through a network of bank accounts, according to Biddle.

—In 2014, a man told the LAPD that Knight held him at gunpoint for about 10 minutes in an alley and repeatedly vowed to kill him, according to a police report. Carter’s family has filed a wrongful death lawsuit against Knight and others who the family claim were responsible for putting the two men in contact with each other. Knight also faces charges in a case in which prosecutors say he and comedian Micah “Katt” Williams stole a camera from an independent celebrity photographer on Sept. 5, 2014.

Here you can write a commentary on the recording "Jailed producer Suge Knight may have brain tumour".

* Required fields
All the reviews are moderated.
Twitter-news
Our partners
Follow us
Contact us
Our contacts

About this site