Adam Driver, Next HUGE ‘Star Wars’ Villain: Talks Military Training …

2 Dec 2015 | Author: | No comments yet »

Chris Brown cancels Australian and New Zealand tours after visa denied.

Los Angeles — If the teasers, trailers and hints haven’t sated your appetite for all things Star Wars in advance of the latest entry in the franchise, then it’s time to tap into the force of fan films. Chris Brown has canceled plans for a Down Under tour after Australian authorities earlier warned the troubled R&B singer they were likely to refuse him a visa because of his criminal conviction for assaulting pop star Rihanna.

“Star Wars” creator George Lucas, who was not involved in making the long-awaited new film, “The Force Awakens,” said he is as ambivalent about seeing the movie as a divorced father would be about attending his child’s wedding. Ticketing agency Ticketek posted a statement from Brown’s promoters saying the planned December tour of Australia and New Zealand had been canceled and those who had bought tickets would get refunds. Lucas, who sold the franchise to Disney three years ago for some $4 billion, told the Washington Post in an interview he had no connection with “Star Wars: The Force Awakens,” which opens worldwide on Dec 18.

You’ve got to give them credit for piecing together trailer hints into logical themes, pulling off low-budget special effects, and acting in generally cheesy fashion. In the statement, Brown thanked his fans and said he remained hopeful he could tour “in the near future.” Citing privacy concerns, Australia’s immigration department on Wednesday declined to say whether they had refused Brown a visa.

Despite initial reports that Lucas would act as a consultant, the director said Disney “didn’t like” the stories he had outlined for the three sequels. “You’re either the dictator or you’re not. But in September, the department issued Brown a “notice of intention to consider refusal” which gave him 28 days to explain why he should be allowed into the country. It’s fine that you’ve wiped Jar Jar from your memory — this video recap does pretty much the same, skipping over the prequels in less than a minute. That notice came days after former Immigration Minister Michaelia Cash urged authorities to refuse the 26-year-old American a visa on character grounds. “People need to understand if you are going to commit domestic violence and then you want to travel around the world, there are going to be countries that say to you: ‘You cannot come in because you are not of the character we expect in Australia,’“ Cash, who is now minister for women, told reporters at the time. Lucas said watching it would be like a divorced man going to the wedding of a grown child. “My ex will be there, my new wife will be there, but I’m going to have to take a very deep breath and be a good person and sit through it and just enjoy the moment, because it is what it is and it’s a conscious decision that I made.”

Here you can write a commentary on the recording "Adam Driver, Next HUGE ‘Star Wars’ Villain: Talks Military Training …".

* Required fields
All the reviews are moderated.
Twitter-news
Our partners
Follow us
Contact us
Our contacts

About this site